Career Profiles and Employment Projections
Postmasters and Mail Superintendents
Postmasters and mail superintendents
What Postmasters and mail superintendents Do
Plan, direct, or coordinate operational, administrative, management, and supportive services of a U.S. post office; or coordinate activities of workers engaged in postal and related work in assigned post office.
Postmaster and mail superintendent Salaries
- 2014 employment: 17,300
- May 2015 median annual wage: $70,640
Job Outlook for Postmasters and mail superintendents
Projected employment change, 2014–24:
- Number of new jobs: -4,600
- Growth rate: -26 percent (Decline)
How to Become a Postmasters or mail superintendent
Education and training:
- Typical entry-level education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Work experience in a related occupation: Less than 5 years
- Typical on-the-job training: Moderate-term on-the-job training
Get the education you need: Find schools near you!
*Some content used by permission of the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor.